Gigaphoton provides top-quality customer support, focusing on the following three major strategies:
Reinforcement of periodic preventive maintenance
To ensure stable operation of the laser unit and prevent avoidable downtime, it is essential to perform periodic preventive maintenance through daily monitoring and diagnosis of the unit running status to uncover early signs of trouble.
- We monitor the unit operation status, analyze the status based on the monitored data, and provide the customer with a periodic diagnostic report
- As a basis for proposing optimization of the unit condition, this report is useful not only for preventing avoidable downtime but also for enhancing productivity
- In 2001, we developed and introduced to the field a remote diagnosis tool, “REDeeM (Remote Equipment Data Management),” to promote preventive maintenance. REDeeM has been introduced by a number of customers to date
REDeeM makes full use of the Internet to enable real-time sharing of unit running data with our customers, thus helping to speed up preventive maintenance and countermeasures against trouble.
Improvement of service skills
We at Gigaphoton are aiming at minimizing the downtime at occurrence of trouble to enhance the uptime of laser. To achieve this goal, we are working on further enhancement of total service capability, including the skills of our engineers, in order to further reduce downtime by shortening the time required for troubleshooting and replacement of modules or parts.
- At Gigaphoton, engineering and technical information on the laser units is shared by all of our service bases worldwide via our customer support network. This allows us to accumulate technical information systematically and easily, and to easily and quickly deliver the latest technical information worldwide.
- To improve the training of service engineers, we have introduced a new course for twin-chamber laser that has recently become the main stream in addition to our conventional single-chamber laser course.
Speedy and optimum supply of spare parts
- We have built and introduced the Parts Supply Management System (PSMS) that allows optimization of spare parts inventories worldwide in order to quickly respond to parts replacement requests from our customers or replacement needs at occurrence of trouble.
- Running of the Internet-based PSMS allows timely supply of spare parts based on the real-time monitoring of the spare parts inventory status.