When was Gigaphoton founded?
August 1, 2000.
Do you have any regional offices and overseas bases?
We have an office in Hiratsuka and a number of domestic and overseas service bases. For details, see the "Corporate Profile" page.
What is your capitalization?
5 billion yen.
Who are the stockholders?
Komatsu Ltd., holds a 100% stake in Gigaphoton Inc.
Are you currently hiring?
We are hiring on an “as needed” basis.
What is the origin of the company name “Gigaphoton”?
We named our company “Gigaphoton” because we wish to be the No. 1 company who manufactures the light sources (photon) required for the Gigabit era.
Does your company logo have any special meaning?
The initial character “G” represents “Growth.”
What is the background of the company’s founding?
With competition in the market of the excimer laser for lithography tools becoming intense, Komatsu and Ushio decided to integrate their excimer laser businesses. They founded Gigaphoton as a joint venture, seeking to integrate Japanese excimer laser technologies and reinforce their product lineup and customer support capability. (The joint-venture contract was dissolved in 2011, and Gigaphoton is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu.)
How can we request brochures or a quote on your products?
For details, please contact our Sales Division at +81-285-28-8420, or use "Contact Us" form.
What kind of manufacturing process are your products used for?
The lithography process in semiconductor manufacturing. Also, it is applied in other fields, utilizing the excimer laser technology for semiconductor lithography tools.
What are your major products?
The main products of excimer lasers for semiconductor lithography tools are the following series.
- 4 kHz KrF excimer laser “G40K” series
- 4 KHz ArF excimer laser “GT40A” series
- 6 KHz ArF excimer laser “GT60A” series
Who are the main users of your products?
We supply excimer laser units to every major lithography tool manufacturer such as Nikon, Canon and ASML on OEM basis, and we provide parts service support to semiconductor manufacturers.
Where do you conduct research and development of your products?
We conduct development of our products at the headquarters (Oyama office), and development of future technologies (EUV light sources) at the Hiratsuka office.
What are the advantages of Gigaphoton’s products?
- As the core technologies of Gigaphoton, we have the energy stabilization technology and spectral bandwidth control technology required for excimer lasers for semiconductor lithography tools.
- As an excimer laser unit uses very expensive replacement parts (modules), the cost of these parts is a major portion of the running cost of the entire lithography tool. Gigaphoton’s replacement parts have longer life, thus prolonging the replacement interval and making a great contribution to reduction of the running cost for users.
- High reliability is required for excimer laser because it is connected and used with a lithography tool that is the key to semiconductor manufacturing. By fusing the quality into the products to achieve high availability, Gigaphoton’s lasers have made a great contribution to significant reduction of the down time of customers’ production lines.
Do you lease your products?
No, we do not.
Can we trade in a used unit at the time of purchasing the new one?
To inquire about trade-in of a used unit, please contact the manufacturer of the lithography tool on which our laser unit is mounted.
Can we see a demonstration of your products?
To request a demonstration of our products, please contact our Sales Division at +81-285-28-8420, or use "Contact Us" form.
About Customer Support
Please describe your support system for send-in, installation, start-up, preventive maintenance, and repair of your products.
- Our products will be sent in and installed by our customers. (An installation manual will be provided.)
- Start-up of our products at a customer site is included in the start-up support for lithography tools provided by the lithography manufacturer.
- Our field service engineers will handle preventive maintenance and repair of our products.
Can you give us contact information for customer support?
For details, see the list of our support offices on the "Corporate Profile" page.
When are your business hours of the customer support?
We provide customer support from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm on weekdays. (Closed on Saturday, Sunday, holidays, and year-end/new year holidays) However, we are ready to provide special support for a specific customer upon request. For support details, please contact the Sales Division of Gigaphoton at +81-285-28-8420.
Do you offer user trainings?
Yes, we provide operator training, supervisor training, etc.
Do you provide product manuals?
- An operation manual is provided for users who introduce a laser unit.
- A training manual CD is provided for users who attend the training.
Can you support a user who transfers its production facility overseas?
Yes. Prior to the transfer of production facilities to an overseas location, please contact the lithography tool manufacturer and the Sales Division of Gigaphoton at +81-285-28-8420.
Please explain about your product “REDeeM.”
“REDeeM (Remote Equipment Data Management)” is a system for remotely monitoring excimer laser units using the Internet. This tool allows inexpensive (low introduction and operating costs), easy (user-friendly), and safe (ensured security) sharing of information on the laser running status within each customer site, thus helping us to better support laser maintenance management. Conventionally, semiconductor device manufacturers use a closed management system that stores information (such as equipment data) within their site. REDeeM is a unique open monitoring system that manages that information through an off-site server (via the Internet).
What kind of benefits does the user obtain from the introduction of REDeeM?
For users who have introduced REDeeM, service response times have been dramatically enhanced because information can be shared in real time by the semiconductor manufacturer, lithography tool manufacturer, and field service and development engineers at Gigaphoton. In addition, for users who have a number of units installed, REDeeM reduces the equipment management burden upon their engineers by enabling easy and optimum management of the operation of multiple laser units, thus contributing to a substantial reduction of cost.